1. Cleanse - Choose a cleanser that is right for your skin and wash twice a day. Apply the cleanser to a wash cloth and scrub gently in circular upward motions and rinse. Then apply more cleanser with your fingertips and again work in circular upward motions. Rinse 10 times. Studies have shown that it takes 10 rinses to remove all the cleanser residue.
2. Exfoliate - Exfoliating products should be used daily on face, hands and body to maintain smooth, healthy looking skin. Choose a product that is right for your skin type. Exfoliating products are available in granular form, glycolic acid peels, night treatments and masks.
3. Treat - Apply antioxidants and peptides to your skin daily. There are a variety of products to choose from that will decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stimulate collagen production, reduce the appearance of crows feet and dark circles around the eyes and smooth expression lines caused by muscle contraction.
4. Moisturize - Choose a moisturizer or hydrating product that is right for your skin and apply at least once daily. If moisturizer is too heavy under your makeup, only apply at night or choose a gel hydrating product for daytime use.
5. Protect - Always wear sun protection. There are many products to choose from to meet your needs. Keep sun protection in your shower and apply to the exposed parts of your body as soon as you towel dry for year round protection. On your face, apply sun protection after you have applied treatment products. Make sure your product protects against UVA and UVB rays. All of the sun protection products carried by Skin Deep have been chosen to provide a full range of protection.
6. Color is Optional - Makeup can be helpful in providing sun protection and increasing confidence levels. If you wear mineral makeup, it will also treat your skin and inhibit the growth of bacteria.
7. Feed Your Skin - Your diet and essential nutrients affects your skin health. Make sure to eat a healthy diet, use vitamin and nutrient supplements and apply antioxidants to your skin daily.
8. Hydrate - Drink plenty of water! You will slow the aging process by staying adequately hydrated.
9. Reduce Stress - Emotional stress creates free radicals in your body that can affect the condition of your skin.
10. Be Consistent - No matter how many treatments you have or how much you spend on your skincare products, you need to use them twice a day for best results.